7.20.2009,12:26 PM
Tennessee: Epilogue
We weren't in a big hurry to get up and pack. After all, coffee is first on the agenda. Loaded up (finally), we were ready to head back to Texas.


We took a few last minute photos. Wiley, of course, was his usual charming self.


And a few of our fellow campers and fellow ActualRiders: Ed, Bruce from Georgia on his Connie (Concours) and Tom from Michigan (BMW GS). The others were still in their cabins sleeping.


We shared driving duties. Not long after I assumed the wheel, the daily rain showers hit. This time, it was a doozy, much like the storm that hit the area a few days earlier. Traffic was slowed to a crawl and the wipers couldn't keep up with the rainfall. I headed for an exit and took refuge in a parking lot until the rain let up a bit. Then we continued west.


Next year we plan to meet in the mountains near Taos, NM. We're hoping that Jack and Lori will be able to load their bikes up for a visit to Texas this winter. I think Big Bend is on order for that. I also hope to have the chance to repay their hospitality and, especially, Jack's generosity in being our guide. We could not have become as immersed in the local history, legends and landscape without his guidance and stories.

We pulled into DFW around 1am and I had an uneasy 3 1/2 hours sleep before getting up and dragging my sorry butt into work. As I entered the great city of Dallas, I knew again I didn't belong there.

Till then..... tornerai presto, Tennessee.

Labels:

 
posted by Macrobe
Permalink ¤