10.03.2006,4:10 AM
Flying in a blue dream.....
Last night on the way home in the truck, Satriani's "Flying in a Blue Dream" sounded from the stereo. Immediately I was transformed back on Whee riding on the road in the mountains and alpine meadows, feeling the wind, absorbing the colors and smells. The guitar and the bike sounds are so intermeshed, I can no longer discriminate the two. The music evoked such a strong association I could feel myself back on the bike with all the overwhelming sensations as if I was going to burst.

Everything else around me was as if I was in a movie; it was unreal. And the reality was riding those roads again. Alone. Me, Whee and my shadow.

When the music ended, I realized I was grinning broadly and tears were running down my cheeks.

'Home' to me now is on the bike, and the road..........
flying in a blue dream.

I want to go home.
 
posted by Macrobe
Permalink ¤