4.27.2007,4:41 PM
Health and Care of Whee
After checking Whee over and applying a fresh application of chain lube, we went out for a run. The day is warm, sunny and........just plain lovely.
So run we did.

Unfortunately, to pick up the quart of oil I needed to change the oil and filter, we were back on the old commute-way. And, God, was I reminded how much I hate this traffic. I also noted the difference between drivers here and in the metropolitan areas I returned from. The general rules here are fast, rude and, well, rude (squared). It certainly saps the joy out of riding a bike.

I suspect after commuting on the bike for so long now, I've become desensitized to the typical commuting conditions. That doesn't mean I like them. After the first mile on the infamous I-820, I wished I was back on Arkansas highways and roads. Or in the desert.

Someday..........

Chain is now cleaned and lubed (again), oil and filter changed, a general clean up and Whee is set to go for a ride tomorrow. There's Pie in the Texas Sky and Whee rides for ice cream.

On the road again
Just can't wait to get on the road again
The life I love is makin' music with my friends
And I can't wait to get on the road again
On the road again
Goin' places that I've never been
Seein' things that I may never see again,
And I can't wait to get on the road again.

On the road again
Like a band of gypsies we go down the highway
We're the best of friends
Insisting that the world be turnin' our way
And our way
Is on the road again.


Y'all ride safe out there, ya hear?

Labels:

 
posted by Macrobe
Permalink ¤