5.03.2008,8:31 AM
Big Foot
I lost track of days. Good thing the clinic called to remind me of my appointment with the orthopedic surgeon.

The stitches were removed and the ankle imaged. It was my first view of the new hardware. Yikes! Another 4-5 weeks on crutches and no weight on the foot. But at least now I can get it wet and enjoy showers again (I hate baths).

I was cleared to return to work earlier than the first release date; my first day was Thursday. Exhausted at the end of the day, I fell asleep on the couch. Shooting pains in my foot kept me awake for several hours yesterday morning and after nearly a full day of catching up and getting the lab and paperwork back in order I called it quits at 3:30 pm. I had two near misses of falling; my endurance quit.

I hobbled past the Whee on the way into the house and I lovingly placed a hand on the bike, stroking it and whispering, promising that we will be back on the road in due time.

I'm not ready for a geriatric two-wheeled contraption!!

Labels:

 
posted by Macrobe
Permalink ¤