5.17.2008,6:54 PM
"Oh where, oh where......
....has my little mind gone? Oh where, oh where can it be?"

I've had a severe case of writer's block. Rare blog posts, few emails, fewer forum posts... the mindset just isn't there. Most of it has been pushed back into a box and the lid shut. It's starving and in stasis. Sometimes I feel the Elzi-in-the-Box under the lid virtually jumping up and down in my head, but that only elicits frustration and a reprimand of the cerebral cortex to calm down and be patient.

I'm not a very patient person.

I'm a Zombie. "Brains....!!!" To avoid overwhelming frustration, the lizard brain has been silenced. It's for my own good, I tell myself. Otherwise I'd be on a bike with this Big Black Bootay when I know I shouldn't be. Or jumping up and down, or running, or digging holes to plant trees, or trekking all over the green grass before it dries up and turns god-awful brown. I'd be rolling on two-wheels in the Tennessee forests on dirt roads searching for Cherokee ghosts. As it is, Sawmill Mountain and Ernst Tanaja, Santa Elena Canyon and full moons haunt my sleep. Calling me out to ride and hike.

I hate not being able to do anything.
I'm stuck on two sticks with a big black booty.

I've watched more movies in the last six weeks than I have in the last six years. I'm reading three or four books at a time (Cherokee and Texas Indians, Texas forts, Indian and EuroAmerican cultural history, and the occasional scientific paper). I still have vivid and lucid dreams (no more pain killers, honest!). And I talk to Wiley in private.

I look forward to jumping up and down and running. But I suspect I'll be rolling down a road on the 250 before that.

I promise more meaningful posts soon.
Honest.
Really......

I have three events I should post: the Texas Adventure Ride, Fort McKavett and San Saba Presidio. I'll push myself to write and post photos.

IMG_9492

Labels:

 
posted by Macrobe
Permalink ¤