12.19.2013,12:10 PM
In remembrance of a friend
I was reminded today that a year ago, a four-legged friend was laid down to rest. Although my time with him was only the last 5 years of his life, he and I became very good doggy friends. And we played together often. It was heartbreaking to watch him rapidly deteriorate in his last year. But it was time for him to go and find release from his suffering. I still think of him whenever I see happy dogs. And I think this is the main reason I can't bring myself to have another dog. Not yet.

I share the grief with his human that raised him from puppy-hood. It is a common bond that nothing can break.

Rest in Peace, Buck. You are buried along with that part of my heart in a place where we both loved and played together.


Labels:

 
posted by Macrobe
Permalink ¤