12.31.2013,9:05 AM
Another New Year
2013 was one of those 7-Year Test Years. Multiple life changes. Losing people and animals I loved, and losing two places that had my heart. Losing a large part of myself and forgetting who I am.  

But from the ashes a rejuvenated spirit flew and a new life path sprung. From the embers a new fire lights the heart and the spirit takes flight. The Phoenix has risen. Again. 

Despite the losses, I regained family and friends, independence and happiness, a freedom that will always guide me, and the strength to continue on in the face of any adversity. The coyote and wolf blend together with the wisdom of the owl. Few people see the scars of the turmoil, and rightly so. But they are a part of the whole, and make me who I am. Strengthened by family, friends, and a hope for this entire world on which my time is but a grain of star dust. It's time to get back the the Garden and continue growing. 

As a New Year unfolds, try to live each and every day as though it is your last. And treat others as you wish to be treated. Embrace every sunrise, and welcome the night. Be the change you want to see in this world. Jump off cliffs and fly. Be yourself and love who you are inside. Cherish your family and friends; they are precious. And learn to let go when it is time.

Be good to one another.


"If we listened to our intellect, we'd never have a love affair. We'd never have a friendship. We'd never go into business, because we'd be cynical. Well, that's nonsense. You've got to jump off cliffs all the time and build your wings on the way down." - Ray Bradbury
 
posted by Macrobe
Permalink ¤