4.08.2007,11:55 AM
Adobe


'Tabblo:

Near the end of the 60-mile scenic river road in Big Bend State Park, southwest Texas, is Fort Leaton, a historic site that was built in 1848 as a fortified trading post. All the structures are adobe and enclosed. Having a love affair with adobe-style buildings since I was a very young, I was in heaven.

Here was demonstrated why adobe is so appropriate to the land and climate in these areas. Not only do the traditional adobe and Spanish structures efficiently utilize local building materials, but the features offer magnificent opportunities for texture, shape and color. Having a penchant for shadow play, I was drawn to the contrasting shadows cast by many different features of the buildings and the harsh bright sun. There were so many fantastic images I wanted to capture.

... See my Tabblo>


Labels: ,

 
posted by Macrobe
Permalink ¤