9.30.2007,11:00 PM
Wiley on a ride-about



"Wiley; how would you like to go on a bike trip this weekend?"

"Wooo-oooo! Yes'm, I sure would! Where we going?"

"I don't know yet."

"Hmm... What do you mean? Are we going on the bike?"

"Yes, we are. I'm just not sure where yet."

"Oh. Are you taking me back home?"

"No. Do you want to go back home?"

"No!! No. I want to stay with you."

"Good. I'm glad. I like having you with me."

"So, do you have any idea where we might go?"

"I do. But let's leave this as spontaneous as we can get away with."

"Okay. Uh oh. What's up?"

"Hmmm? Oh. This is going to be a ride-about. "

"A what-about?"

"A ride-about. A walk-about is when a person goes on a long journey alone. Often to clear their head, talk to their inner self, go out into the world and experience things spontaneously. Without plans, agendas, itineraries, or schedules. Or distractions. This will be an abridged ride-about: a walk-about on two wheels. We may walk for part of it when we arrive wherever we go."

"Well, why do you want to go on a ride-about?"

"I need to shake a ghost or two."

"Huh? My Mum always told me that ghosts are only your food coming back up."

"Heheh. Well, I can see how that might be a ghost to you, but that's not what I meant."

"Oh. So what are your ghosts?"

"Well, its difficult for me to explain and I'm not sure I want to talk about it. I'll just let the voices in my head sort it out. But I have to take them all for a ride, away from the distractions and pushing and pulling; out into places where everything inside can come out. Where I'm surrounded by voices of birds, twirling leaves, insects, trickling water, and critters that talk to me."

"You mean like my brothers and sisters?"

"Mm-hmm. Them, too. They were loud last night, you know. And close."

"I know. I wanted to run out and play with them, but they were running too fast."

"Well, you can come along with me on the bike and for walks. Maybe even a swim. Will that do?"

"Oh yes!! Just us?"

"Yes. Just us."

"Oh doggy! And we're camping in the tent?"

"Uh huh."

"Yip, yip!!!"

"Wiley, behave or I'll put you next to Peppe."

"No! I hate skunks!"

Labels: ,

 
posted by Macrobe
Permalink ¤